About Last Night

About Last Night

The baby was screaming!! The boys had acquired some mystery stomach bug and to top it all off I was alone for the evening with the kids. My Husband had an impromptu meeting to attend, and to say the least I’m getting a bit angry and anxious. The bible implores us in Phillipians 4: 6-7 to “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

I desperately needed that peace last night! Yet in the mayhem I had forgotten that I have help when I feel helpless.  I neglected the strength of Christ that’s always available to me. I huffed, puffed, and said a few unnecessary words all while slamming cabinets and doors. Then the Holy Spirit jumped in and took me to one of the most jaw dropping scenes of the evening: My 9 year old praying!.

Remember I told you that both the boys had a mysterious stomach bug? Well this ‘bug’ made them both want to vomit. So as my 9 year old hang over the garbage can in the bathroom I could see and hear Him praying to Jesus and speaking the Word of healing over his body!!  When he was done, he got up and boldly declared to me that he was healed and he would not be throwing up tonight👍.  He gave me a big hug, thanked me for being his mom, and then proceeded to the sofa to watch television😅. I was in awe! Yet more than that I was grateful. Grateful to God for helping my husband and I teach our children about Him. And grateful that even in my anxiety and adverse behavior someone in the house was still able to call upon Jesus for help!

The bible states that ‘Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all’. – Psalm 34:19  and Jesus said These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33 .

Now I’ve just got to always always remember and be in awareness of the fact that I’m never alone, I can do all things through Christ, and even when I mess up He still loves me enough to get me back on track. Hallelujah!!

Today, I understand that it is all for and through Him that I have a voice and greater still, life abundantly! I am honored to be His willing vessel on the earth to help edify His Kingdom. Feel free to comment ,subscribe and  share this post!

Tee Cash

• Judith
    December 14, 2017 at 12:17 pm

When I mess up he still loves me and gets me back on track. This one pulls my eye because looking back, I think God has been so lenient despite my flaws. Thanks for the reminder.

December 14, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Amen Judith! He’s a loving and forgiving God, not wanting any to perish but come to repentance! I’m so grateful for His love & mercy. Thanks for stopping by👍!

• Donna Miller
    December 17, 2017 at 6:58 pm

This is so sweet! So sorry you had a rough evening! Its so hard when our babies are sick! But seeing your son praying and declaring the Word of Healing over his little body was really encouraging. I’ll bet the Lord smiled in that jaw dropping split second when you saw and realized your son was praying. What a good Father God is! Bless you sweet sister! Thanks for sharing this!!
    Donna XOXO

December 20, 2017 at 10:10 am

Yes Donna,It was really encouraging to see him praying! God knows I needed that reminder. Im glad my testimony could bring encouragement to you as well. Thanks so much for stopping by, Merry Christmas!

• Tara Adams
    December 17, 2017 at 10:49 pm

This is a beautiful moment in time. I love how God uses our children sometimes to teach and remind who he is.

December 20, 2017 at 10:14 am

Amen Tara, I love it too. They help to keep us reminded! Merry Christmas!