The Wrong Focus

The Wrong Focus

Do you ever feel like you get information overload? Always taking in the ‘facts’ but still hungry for the truth. Confusion abounds with too much “knowledge”. Remember Eve? She had one command from God but Satan tricked her with the thought of ‘knowing more’ Genesis 3.

Now I take myself for instance. When I  get the symptoms of a cold, I can sometimes do an hours’ worth of online research seeking  the fastest way to cure it, only to be left wondering if I actually have the flu?

They tell us to get all of the facts so that we can make the best decisions for our lives, but God instructs believers differently.

In Proverbs 3:5 it teaches us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding. So Who & What are we to believe? The one who practices to earn a living or the ONE who created the Living?

The bible declares that the righteous shall live by faith Hebrews 10:38. I have yet to stumble upon the verse that says we should live by facts. The bible also reveals that we believers are to fix our eyes on Jesus Hebrews 12:2 and set our mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value]. – Colossians 3:2 AMP

Colossians 3:2 AMPC

In James 1:5 it also admonishes believers to get their wisdom from God because He generously gives it to those who ask without finding fault.

So if we honestly want to know the truth about anything we can ask our generous God and keep our eyes (heart & mind) fixed on Him for the answer. Yet sadly this is not the position we take at all. We rely on the ‘experts’ of this world to give us  wisdom, which most times causes us to fear, not walk in faith.

Truthfully when we acknowledge the facts of a matter our focus is no longer tuned in to the Almighty. How can it be? I’ve never been able to focus on two things at once….can you?

Professionals have their role in the earth but it’s definitely not to play God for us. Only He can be Him. No matter how smart the world gets it will never, ever, ever be smarter than the One who created it….Never!

Let’s be obedient children of God and fix our eyes upon Him for absolutely everything that we need. All of the things in this world are shaky at best and we believers should not put our confidence in it. God is the same yesterday, today & forevermore! He won’t let us down! He’s always got the right answer ready and waiting for us✌!

Today, I understand that it is all for and through Him that I have a voice and greater still, life abundantly! I am honored to be His willing vessel on the earth to help edify His Kingdom. Feel free to comment ,subscribe and  share this post!

Thankful Praise

Send Me I’ll Go

• Lindy
    November 4, 2017 at 10:17 am

I love this!!!! “Who & What are we to believe? The one who practices to earn a living or the ONE who created the Living”. So true, it’s human nature to “google, google, google” anytime a problem arises. It takes genuine faith and obedience to rely completely on the one who created the Living!

November 6, 2017 at 8:42 am

It absolutely does take genuine faith and obedience Lindy. I pray for Gods strength in these areas everyday so that I won’t fall short. Thanks for reading & commenting!

• Susan Evans
    November 4, 2017 at 11:23 am

We must focus on Christ and abide in a place of rest instead of striving under information overload.

November 6, 2017 at 8:43 am

Yes & Amen Susan! Too much info gives me brain cramps and makes my decision making process twice as hard. Thanks for reading & commenting

• Melissa
    November 4, 2017 at 9:47 pm

As a Christian mental health therapist I know my role is to bring ready and willing people to God, not play God! Great post!

November 6, 2017 at 8:50 am

Thanks for commenting Melissa. Being in the health profession is an awesome calling. Its not my objective to downplay any ones call or duty from God. I just simply needed to shed light on the fact that sometimes we as believers take man at their word much more emphatically than God at His. But I praise God for Believers being the professionals who can lead people back or to Christ…Kuddos to you!