Even If

Even If

One of the greatest stories in the Bible that displays wholeheartedness to God is the story of Shadrach, Meshach, & Abed-nego.

Found in Daniel chapter 3, the account centers around the ungodly king of Babylon and these 3 friends who are believers of God.

The king(Nebuchadnezzar) had erected a huge gold plated image standing 90 feet tall and 9 feet wide. He commanded that all the people within his kingdom fall down and worship the image once they heard a parade of instruments being played. Then he proclaimed that whoever would not fall and worship would be cast immediately into into the fiery furnace Daniel 3:1-7

Of course Shadrach, Meshach, & Abed-nego  ignored those orders because they were directly against what God instructed (Deuteronomy 5:7- 10). When the king heard this he became furious and tried to persuade them once more to follow his orders and this is where the story, for me, gets very interesting… ‘Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego answered the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to answer you on this point. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire, and He will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up!” – Daniel 3:16-18 AMP’

Those guys were willing to stake their lives wholeheartedly in Who they believed in.  They knew the consequence of not obeying an earthly king but they trusted in God more. Even going as far to say:

Tee's Music & Blog

Daniel 3:18 Amp

‘But even if He does not’ has been one of my most loved-hated phrases ever! I never want to think that God won’t be there for me when I need Him and I always want to trust who He is. Yet I ponder whether I would be willing to stand with Him regardless. I realize my human frailty and I also own the fact that without His help I can fall.

However the story of the three friends ended in victory! They went into the fiery furnace but they didn’t go alone. God was with them and He saved them! They were promoted and God got the glory!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego stood with God till the very end and they provide a great testimony for those who like me, sometimes wonder if God will be faithful in our most trying of times. He was faithful for them and as David said,(and yes I too can relate)

I once was young but now I’m old and I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread Psalm 37:25!!

_______________________________

Till next time Fam✌

Tee's Music & Blog

Today, I understand that it is all for and through Him that I have a voice and greater still, life abundantly! I am honored to be His willing vessel on the earth to help edify His Kingdom. Feel free to comment ,subscribe and  share this post!

• Erma Bryan
    October 18, 2017 at 3:40 pm

This reminds me of Esther when she says, “And if I perish, I perish.” I love the boldness of both of these stories!

October 18, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Yes Erma, Esther was very bold as well. I often have to check myself and see where I stand in my “boldness arena” because I hope to et a great example as these did!
      Thanks for stopping by, reading & commenting!

• Keisha
    October 19, 2017 at 12:31 pm

This is one of my favorite passages of scripture to teach. I pray to be as bold and brave as they were!

October 20, 2017 at 12:27 am

Me too Keisha! Thanks for stopping by!!

• Paula Kiger
    October 19, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Good perspective; thanks for sharing it.

October 20, 2017 at 12:28 am

Amen Paula Kiger, thanks for stopping by!

• Lindsey
    October 23, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Good message! We are currently reading through Daniel with our 9-year-old, so I read this to him! Thanks!

October 25, 2017 at 11:18 am

Thanks for reading Lindsey! I pray that you and your son were encouraged by the message