Endurance

Endurance

Consider it nothing but joy my brothers and sisters whenever you fall into various trials. James 1:2 Amplified.

The Bible clearly tells us to consider our various trials joy. But if you’re like me, you often forget this verse at the onset of trials. They don’t feel joyous, happy or anything in between. However it’s not our feelings we should follow, only the Word of God. I am presently enduring one of these trials and it’s taking every ounce of Christ’s strength to help me persevere.

My faith is being tested. In chapter 1 of James verse 3 it reassures us that the testing of our faith( through experience) produces endurance leading to spiritual maturity and inner peace.

So this testing has benefits eh🤔?

It actually produces something useful within us when we remain in it? …Oh Ok!

Only God can make a formula like that. Only He could think of such a thing as desirable and necessary. People don’t like to live through anything that’s considered “hard”. We give up way too easy and we’re always seeking a quick fix to difficult situations. But as the old saying goes “Anything worth having is worth fighting for” So why are we Christians so wimpy and weak in our generation? Why are we reproducing quitters in our homes, church, and society?

I remember briefly mulling over the idea of putting our children into public school. We went through the motions of getting them registered, and headed to orientation. My youngest at the time was entering the 1st grade. The teacher assigned to him was speaking about homework and how she wanted us parents to approach it. She stated that we should present the homework (worksheets) to the child, but if they cried because it was “too hard” then take it away from them and not worry about it. I recall thinking to myself that what she was saying was a big crock of “🙊”! How would my child or any child ever learn anything if they’re taught to give up when things get tough? I mean it was 1st grade for crying out loud! Needless to say we got out of there and have been homeschooling ever since.

Anyway, if I wouldn’t allow my kid to quit, why should I? What kind of example would I be setting? And isn’t that how God is with us? Were to be transformed into His image daily (2 Corinthians 3:18 Amplified). And since He is long-suffering (patient & enduring) 2 Peter 3:9 Amplified, then we as His children should and can be too.

So I say bring it on! I will withstand this pressure with the strength of Christ💪. I will pass this faith test and lack nothing. I will win and rise victorious 🏆in the glory of God!

Today, I understand that it is all for and through Him that I have a voice and greater still, life abundantly! I am honored to be His willing vessel on the earth to help edify His Kingdom. Feel free to comment and share this post!

• Rachael
    August 23, 2017 at 1:20 pm

I so get you. I was cracking up with the crock of “!” comment. Also, I am a marathon runner, so you had me with the image. Endurance is a powerful thing. I’m cheering for you as you are in this season of “training”!

August 24, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Lol, Thanks Rachael! God bless you

• Lindsey
    August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Oh, long trials are certainly a test of endurance! I’ve gone through several extremely long, hard trials which I wasn’t sure I would come out of ok… But looking back on them now, I recognize how much God refined me through the fire of those trials. My faith would be much weaker if not for those incredibly difficult times. Bless you as you persevere!

August 26, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Yes Lindsey, its during these times that we learn and grow so much. As hard as it is for me to admit, trials are needed. Thanks for the blessings! Same to you my Sister!

• Emily Susanne
    August 26, 2017 at 8:42 pm

Great inspiration to never give up, even when it’s hard! Thank you 🙂

August 27, 2017 at 8:11 am

You’re welcome Emily! Thanks for stopping through and reading👍

• Alexis Johnson
    August 30, 2017 at 6:15 am

Gm Tonya! As always I enjoyed reading! We do go thru times where we just wanna throw in the towel but then I have to remind myself (LIFTS MY HANDS TO THE SKY) “GOD YOU ARE ABLE, WITH ALL POWER IN YOUR HAND AND CAN DO ANYTHING BUT FAIL! YOU ARE A HEALER AND A POWERFUL GOD”! My FAITH in GOD has been tested and I just had to repeat ⬆️👆🏽! Your stories are always touching and I love seeing and reading about your beautiful spirit that you have!! Anddddddd I can’t wait until more music comes!!! I pray that GOD continues to bless you and your family!!!!

September 3, 2017 at 2:17 am

Hey Lex! Im so glad that you find the time to read my ramblings,lol! I sure pray that each word I write encourages everyone who reads them, so Im so glad to hear that they’re doing just that. I pray that all is well with you and your family. Remember God has a great plan for your life, submit your will to Him and He will reveal the great things He has prepared for you. God bless you Sis!

• Shelby Spear
    August 31, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Love this and I’ve cornered the market on length of t r i a l s lately. haha We become stronger, wiser, more in tune with our Lord. Thanks for sharing your heart.

September 3, 2017 at 2:24 am

Hi Shelby, We definetly come out of our trials changed! The Lord’s purpose is never for harm but good. When we keep this in mind we are able to endure with a better attitude. Thankyou for reading!

• Joy
    August 31, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Hi Tee! The whole trials will make you stronger thing is for real – but the pain during the process is real too! Thanks for your honesty and these encouraging words.

September 3, 2017 at 2:32 am

Hey Joy, No pain No gain right😣? Thankfully the Lord is showing me that he can be trusted to lead me into something greater. The pain is not in vain, hallelujah👏. Glad you stopped by to take a read.

• Maggie
    September 2, 2017 at 11:05 pm

God keeps bringing me this verse in James. Thanks for letting Him use you.

September 3, 2017 at 2:41 am

Hey Maggie Im just glad He has chosen to use me! Funny how we each continually come to a verse during different seasons in our lives right? Prayerfully you will recieve and understand the wisdom that God is trying to impart to you during this time. Thank you for stopping by👍!

• Deb Wolf
    September 6, 2017 at 9:29 am

Hi Tee, I’m with you, I don’t like them and I’d love to avoid trials whenever possible. But giving up . . . then I’d never learn the awesome ways God is able to strengthen and sustain me as I go through. His grace really is enough!

September 6, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Exactly Deb, Giving up is never the option. In fact it hinders the power and grace of God. Thankyou for reading & commenting. God Bless you!