Purified

Purified

Today for me was “purification of the genuineness of my faith” day 1 Peter 1:7

As many Believers know this happens regularly. I think it occurs to sharpen us and to show us where we really are in our thinking and ultimately where we are in our faith walk. Sometimes my thoughts are not lined up with the word of God. He desires that we walk( live daily) by the Spirit and not by the flesh Galatians 5:16.Yet occasionally my mind and thoughts travel with my flesh instead of the Spirit.

Take for instance today. I woke up worried about finances. I checked our bank account before praying. I fretted over bills, and the possibility of loss. Truth is, if I had simply started my morning in prayer, I believe the Holy Spirit would have shown me what was already prepared for me today. I would have known that I didn’t have to be afraid.  “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? Yet not one of them has [ever] been forgotten in the presence of God. Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be afraid; you are far more valuable than many sparrows.” Luke 12:6-7 AMP . I also would’ve known not to be unsettled about His ability and desire to provide for me Luke 12; 29-32. I could have been reassured of God’s deep love for me.

This purification process also put my faith(and the lack thereof) on display. I had gotten in pride, thinking in error that I had strengthened my faith muscle fully.  That my dear friend was far from the truth, I was not operating in faith but in fear. Fear caused me to watch our bank account like a hawk watching prey, not faith!

We should never be tricked into believing that we’ve reached the pinnacle of our faith. When we win faith battles we must not allow our faith to rest because there is another battle to be fought and won right around the corner.  We move from glory to glory within our faith because the just (righteous) shall live by faith. “For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed in a way that awakens more faith]. As it is written and forever remains written, “ The just  and  upright shall live by faith.”Romans 1:17 Amplified.

Each level of our relationship and interaction with Christ should grow and deepen our faith.

God makes all things work out for my good. I believe this wholeheartedly. So even though I had a tough day, I’m glad that it happened. I’m still alive, still learning, and still victorious in Christ!

Today, I understand that it is all for and through Him that I have a voice and greater still, life abundantly! I am honored to be His willing vessel on the earth to help edify His Kingdom. Feel free to comment and share this post!

• Edith
    August 18, 2017 at 10:49 am

Lovely post. This is so true: “We should never be tricked into believing that we’ve reached the pinnacle of our faith.” thanks for sharing.

August 18, 2017 at 11:59 am

Thank you for taking the time to read it. God Bless my Sister!!

• Lori
    August 18, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Ah yes – still alive, still learning. So true. That “faith tank” runs low for me sometimes, and you’re so right that if I go to God immediately and first and only, it’ll be filled. But sometimes I forget. And am reminded… thank you for the encouragement, dear sister in faith. You’re being used by the One who has us all in His hand, and I’m thankful for you!

August 19, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Yes Mrs. Lori, I forget sometimes too but God is ever faithful to remind me of His truths! Its only through His strength that I’m able to do what I do. Thanks for reading my dear Sister. May God continue to bless you!!

• Lori
    August 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm

I also need to pray first before looking at the “facts” of my account, etc. so that I can look at them with faith eyes. Thanks for the reminder.

August 22, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Yes Lori! I’m glad I could be a reminder. May we always seek Him 1st. Thanks for reading. God Bless!